Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things are going well.




Well, today was nice because we had a free day. We basically just got up, ate breakfast then relaxed in our room. Hannah played with another little girl in the little play area. This afternoon, we took a family trip to Walmart and did a little shopping. Great prices there. It was a 3-story Walmart so it took awhile to get through.
Hannah is still doing well. We actually weighed her and was shocked at her weight. We were told she was around 30 lbs. but she is actually only 22 lbs. So is tiny, but of normal height for a 2 year old. She does eat well though so we are not worried about her size. We found out that the orphanage people usually weigh them with their layers of clothing on so that is why she probably weighed heavier.
She has been a wild woman today with giggling and hopping around the room playing. She is amazing how she gets around on one leg. She has a leg deformity, in case some of you did not know that. She has no problem getting around. So I can only imagine how well she will do once she gets a prosthetic.
Sorry I could not post her "Gotcha Video" yet. I am having issues with downloading that one. Here are some more pics of her from today.
Thanks again for all the prayers and comments. We read all them. Marcella.....if you are reading this....we have so much to tell you guys and cannot wait to sit down tell you all about it. It wont be long before you guys will be over here...I can just feel it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If" I am reading this...Ha!Ha!...you know I am! LOL!! I am addicted to this blog!! It was the first thing I did after getting Mags off to school!
I was thinking the same thing about how well Hannah seemed to manuever around when I watched that video post, and Bruce even commented, "It doesn't look like she has any trouble getting around! She does really well!" She is such a cutie pie!! I am sure her weight will go up with time, and I will be praying for that. Of course, we know that asian people in general are a little on the smaller side, so that is reassuring too! We cannot wait to meet her! We are really looking forward to learning every detail of your trip....we can't wait!! Such a cute pic of you and her together!!
Love you guys!
Marcella & Bruce

Keetha Broyles said...

I am so happy to see those smiles, hers AND yours!!!

Kai Newell said...

We love your pictures. We think Hannah is cute. We can't wait until Friday. We miss you a lot.


Kai

Anonymous said...

She is wonderful! I love her little giggle. And I am with Marcella, I am totally addicted to getting on here and get real excited when I get home from work.... so I can see pictures and read!!!
I can't wait to see you guys!!

Anonymous said...

She has such an adorable smile and from the video has an infectious personality! I am glad to hear that things are going well and that you had some time to rest and relax. Branda and I stole Wes from your parents today and took him to the park. We had a packed lunch and then went to the gym at the Jorgenson Y. We got to hug on him and ask how he likes his new sister. I also asked Wes if he thought Grandma and Pa were taking a nap while he was gone and he just giggled! He definately will sleep tonight because they played hard! In fact, Elena is snoozing on the couch already at 7:30. We love hearing about your days and how Hannah is doing! We are praying for you daily!

Love Ya's,

Tammy

Unknown said...

She is just precious! What a sweet, sweet smile she has. She looks like she is adjusting so well already. I bet you guys can't wait to get home so she can meet her big brother :). I am so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Kokomo!
Love, love the picture of Hannah and you, Shell. She looks and sounds like she will fit in quite well with this crazy family. Ava and Livvy have PawPaw play the video with Mike and Hannah over and over. Livvy calls her "My Hannah" as I told her she would now have someone her age to play with when we get together. We're all very excited to see her in person. Talked to Ossian today. Ma and Pa are still alive and well. Ha!Godspeed. Love, Marty

Kristin said...

Michelle, So glad to see your happy little girl! What a blessing! Isn't China amazing? I've been chatting with your friend Marcella on the Bethany forum - it truely is a small world. Enjoy the rest of your days in province and we'll see you soon. Love, Kristin

Musselman Family said...

Hi guys!
So glad to see the video and pictures! It looks like Hannah is adjusting very well which is great! We took Wes to the park yesterday and he was all smiles when I asked him about Hannah! You can tell he is the proud big brother! I had a nice visit with your parents and we already scheduled a play date for Wes & Quade for next week after school!! The kids had so much fun and it was good for them to all get together. We check the blog everyday so looking forward to more updates. Seeing the video and pics makes me miss you guys!! We are looking forward to meeting your new addition! Love ya, Branda

Anonymous said...

Hi - I just checked in on your blog and Hannah looks so happy and so do you guys! Andrew is doing really well, a few temper tantrums, but that is to be expected. See you tomorrow at the White Swan. Love and Prayers, Paula