Saturday, March 21, 2009

Forbidden City




Well, today was very interesting! We saw Forbidden City which was really neat. It was so crowded there and we encountered some very pushy and agressive people, but it was very neat to see. It was a bit of culture shock today as a few of us women got shoved to the side in the women's bathroom in the crowd of people. People were pushing for a toilet! It is funny when you think about it! We also were stared at often because many of the people had never seen Americans before. The Forbidden City is a place that many people come and visit with tours and such all over the world, including China. I did not mind the stares because I do not think they were being mean, but we intriged them. They even wanted to take pictures of us! Ha!
We also took a Ric-shaw ride and toured some very poor areas in Beijing. Those poor guys that had to haul us around in those things. Two big Americans! Ha! But, they were very nice and actually spoke a bit of English. I have also included a lovely picture of the Squatty Potty that we used today! New to me! But, it really wasn't that bad. Tonight we saw an Acrobatic show and it was really neat! They were so talented and colorful. So, now the plan is to pack up again tonight and we Joy(our guide) will take us to the airport at
5:50 am to catch our 7:55am flight to Kumning. In the afternoon tomorrow, we are supposed to get Hannah! We are so excited, but getting a bit nervous, too. We will split off from our group tomorrow am and will meet our guide in Kumning at the airport. We are getting ready to have some Pizza Hut pizza with another family and then off to packing up and getting to bed for a early and big day tomorrow!!! We promise we will post pictures of us getting Hannah and hopefully a video. Next post will be after we get Hannah!!!!

8 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

What memories you will always have of this trip - - - and Hannah will be the BEST of them all.

Musselman Family said...

Hi guys,
It sounds like you are having a good time! I enjoy seeing the pictures that you are posting. What an experience! I already know I'm going to cry if you post a video of you getting Hannah! I'm praying for that as I know you are nervous and can't imagine what will be going through little Hannah's mind. She is getting a great set of parents!! I still can't believe it's finally happening!! Love you both and take care....Branda (for all of us!)

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is THE day, the BIG day....GOTCHA!! How amazing it is going to be! I am so excited for you guys! I, like Branda, know that I am gonna cry my eyes out when I watch that video of you guys getting Hannah...but I can't wait to see it!! I have butterflies, so I cannot imagine how you guys are feeling!! You guys are constantly on my mind!
Glad that you were able to get some pizza before heading off to the province! And those toilets....uh..yeah.... Let's just say that I am NOT looking forward to that part! (ha!ha!) But it will all be worth it in the end!
We are still praying!
Love you guys!
Marcella

Unknown said...

I am having so much fun reading your blog! I am so excited for you guys right now. Wow, tomorrow you will meet your daughter for the first time!! That is just so amazing! I can't wait to see your next post, and see your beautiful Hannah!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Michelle - we will be praying for you today as you get your precious Hannah! We can't wait to see you in Guangzho on Friday! God Bless! Dave and Paula

Emily said...

Hi guys!

Congratulations on becoming parents again!! Emily

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and can't wait to meet Hannah. Enjoy and love every moment!
Matt and Barb

Anne Marie said...

We have been thinking about you all day. Cannot wait to see your next post. It is almost our turn. I am really emotional and vervous. We hope you guys are doing ok. It will all work out in the end.Take care!