Thursday, March 26, 2009

Golden Temple




Well, today has been good. Except for the fact that Hannah got a bloody nose this afternoon. Its probably just because it is very dry here. But, I hope its nothing concerning since she is just 2. We had a nice morning at Golden Temple. It was very pretty and the weather has been so nice, 75-80. It made us feel good when a Chinese man came up to Hannah and he tried to pick her up and she clung to Mike. So, I think she is getting it that we are her parents. She was a total Daddy's girl today, which I love. Wesley is a big Mommy's boy so this is nice to have one of each! Tomorrow we fly out of Kunming at 5:45pm for a 2 hour flight to Guangzhou. We are ready to finish up the paperwork there and get home. Its been so hard to be away from Wesley. More than we thought! We both have had a few crying spells about missing him. But, he has been having fun. We appreciate all of our friends and family for taking care of him and making sure he is having a good time to make the time pass. We love you guys so much~!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning from Swayzee!!!
I'm enjoying drinking my coffee each morning as I read the Shane BLOG!!!
You are doing such a good job with pics & details of your adventure!!!
We are all feeling like we know Hannah already -- what a fun time she is going to have with all her girl cousins!!!!
I have also been talking to Ma/Pa Wilson -- everyone getting excited for your return as I know you are!!!!
Love --- Aunt Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!
i'm at work so will keep it short. plus when i think of you all i get so emotional.
don't think i want to start boo hooing here.
that is so good to hear how hannah is taking to mike. bless her heart.
we leave for arizonia tomorrow and am looking so forward to all of our returns.
the pics and videos are so pleasureable.
i shared with my mom last night when she stopped over.
i share your story to just about anyone i talk with. i can't get you out of my mind.
you guys are AMAZING!!!!!!
love you,
kim t.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kids!
More great pics. The architecture is something else. Hannah looks like she is enjoying the sightseeing. Know you'll be glad to get back to Ossian though. Wes and Hannah will have so much fun together. We continue to watch the slide video many times a day. Ha! On to the next leg of your trip...
Love, Marty

Anonymous said...

Mike & Michelle-

We are praying for your trip to Guangzhou! Praying that you will be able to rest and all the paperwork, exam, visa, and consulate appt go smoothly! I bet you are anxious to get home to see Wes and just start your life here as a family. I can imagine that Bruce and I will also have some times of breaking down without our kids when we are over there. That part of it is going to be so difficult, I can't even imagine....
We can't wait for you all to get home! The pics are so beautiful! Maggie really liked the pics of of Da Guan Garden, they were so colorful!
Take care!
Love,
the Winters'

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!

I love the pictures! I checked out the website for your next hotel and it looks wonderful! The hotel name sounded really familiar but I don't think I stayed at that hotel. Also, while you are in Guangzhou if you can fit in the zoo I remember it being a lot of fun. Especially seeing the Pandas!

I know leaving Wes has been really hard, but he seems to be doing really well. Your parents are a wonderful secure place for him to stay while you guys have been gone. We can't wait to see you guys! Before you know it you will be home and chasing after Hannah!

Love ya's

The Ray's

Anonymous said...

Hi from Effingham,

We have really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures. Hannah is so cute! It is nice here today. Noah and Nathan are in school. Natalie just got home from preschool. I'm sure Wes is doing great with Grandpa and Grandma.

John, Kelly, Noah, Nathan, Natalie