Monday, March 23, 2009

Day Number 2! Awesome!




Where do I even start with the days events! I can feel all of your prayers! God is helping us through each and every step of this process for sure! Hannah woke up and just stared at us. We let her sleep with us just in case she got scared. She did good and slept from 10pm to 6:30am. She has not cried once today! Amazing! We had to rush around and eat breakfast at our hotel and head to the Civil Affairs office. Hannah ate good and loved watermelon! She also shared some bacon with Mike and some cheerios. We then went to the Civil Affairs office and it was so crazy~! Lots of commotion and people speaking Chinese. We felt very rushed and did not understand a lot of what they were saying, but our guide helped us. We signed papers for the notary to get Hannah's passport and all of this took about and hour and a half. The good thing was there were many others families there, too doing the same thing. We did not know them though. While there, Hannah did so good. We were praying so hard that when Hannah saw her Orphanage workers that we would have to start over again with the crying. But, she was great. They came over, spoke Chinese to her and asked her who her Mama and Baba was and she pointed to both of us!!!! I broke down right then and there! That was a God thing for sure. We are also getting her to say mommy and daddy, too. She is bonding pretty equal to us, but seems to love her daddy! I think we may have a Daddy's girl on hand!!! So cute!!! We came back, ate some lunch and then played this afternoon. She loved to sit on Mike's stomach and slide down his side while he lays on the bed. She would just giggle. I will post her doing this in a video if I can get it to work. We just got back from a walk to the park. Beautiful park with water! We felt like celebrities!!! Lots of people staring and coming up to Hannah. Our guide said that most feel that Hannah is lucky to get adopted to America because we are rich!!! Its so weird!!! I just smiled and said, "Ne-How" (Hello). Hannah just fell asleep while we were walking back to the hotel. Tonight we plan to have dinner with another family and for their daughter and Hannah to play together. Overall, an amazing experience!!! Definitely a culture shock, but all of it is so worth it. I have been much more emotional today with everything because we are so happy and the reality is setting in. We could not have asked for a sweeter little girl.
If you can, pray for Hannah as she has had some diarrhea at times, possibly due to the stress of it all. She lets us know when she has to go potty! We just went to Walmart today and got a little potty that sits on the ground for her. Because of her leg deformity and her small size, we have to hold her on the regular potty. So, this little potty gives her much more independence. Its also small enough to fit into the suitcase when we travel. The best part is...I got it for 2 dollars at Walmart! Great prices here!
Well, take a look at these pictures. I promise I will post a video but it takes a long time to download, so I have not had much time. We have a free night and tomorrow is free so I will have more time to work on it.
Thanks for all the prayers!!! God is so good!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am crying!! These photos are so sweet and what an answer to prayer! I had hoped to be able to talk to you this morning before I left for work. I told Jeff I was jealous that he would probably be able to Skype you this morning. I've been showing her off to my friends at work. I'm a proud Auntie! :) Love you guys! ~Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow! WOW! God is SO good! I am so happy for you guys! The tears were rolling when I read this post! I can't believe she already recognizes you guys as her parents! Amazing! I am praying that she continues to bond this well! I look forward to your posts and get so excited when I see there is something new!
Jaima

Musselman Family said...

AWESOME! We love the pictures and you can tell that Mike is already a proud papa! Glad to hear that all is going well and it amazes me that she is already calling you mommy & daddy. God is definitely moving! She is so very precious! She has the most adorable smile:-) Can't wait to see and hear more on your blog! Love ya, Branda for all

Keetha Broyles said...

She is so sweet - - - and THAT SMILE!!!!

I'm sure you're real glad to see it too!!!

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful! I started crying when I read about her pointing to you guys as her mom and dad. Wow, that is just so awesome. God is so good! I am so happy for you both, and so glad that things are going so well. I will keep praying for you guys. She is such a precious little girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh - she is so adorable! I'm so happy to see all the smiles!!! That's amazing how she knows you are her parents- great news. We need to see a proud Mama picture too. :-) I can't wait to see and hear more.... Take Care, Alicia

Anonymous said...

God is SO AMAZING!! I am crying like crazy!! I have been praying so hard for all of you, and the fact that she is bonding so well, calling you guys Mommy & Daddy and understanding/ pointing to you as her parents....ONLY GOD can make that happen so quickly. It is so awesome! Especially since I have been praying all along that God would bond her heart to you and Mike's hearts, and that He would break down any barriers that would come in the way of her attachment with you guys! I am SOOO happy for you all, and glad that you all had an amazing day with each other. God's hands are all over this whole process....and she is living proof!!
Love you guys!
Marcella & Bruce

Anonymous said...

Mike & Michelle-

I just had to share that my kids love following the blog too! Maggie asked me excitedly, "Did they get a video on there?" She said that she thinks Hannah is so pretty and cute! Hudson said, "I like her," with a big grin on his face!

This is the first place I came after walking in the door from work, and my kids were just as excited to get an update.

Keep enjoying your new daughter! Those pics are too cute! And that little pink hat...adorable!!

Love, Mar

Jess Danielson said...

Congratulations!! I love following your journey and your daughter is beautiful!

Jess
Another Bethany mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle/Mike - Was so excited to hear your voice today Michelle from China to Swayzee!!!
Hannah is so cute !!!! I am enjoying your travels and seeing the pics of Hannah so much!!!!
We are going to feel like we know her before she gets to the US !!!
What an experience!!!!
Looking forward to your home coming!!!! Love Aunt Marilyn

Miriam said...

How amazing! Sounds like an incredible experience. She is absloutely adorable!!!! My sister got her little girl in China 6 months to the day before you did!!! Her name is Lily & their other daughter is Hannah

Unknown said...

So very excited for you guys!
God is so good. He brought you guys together!!!! So cool!
She is so cute. I love her laugh!
Michelle take a picture with her and post it, so we can see you together.
Praying for you!
Blessings,
Dawn Wehr