Thursday, March 12, 2009

The paperwork is done.........!

Well today I finished the last of the paperwork. We have to take several paperwork items with us to China. Several pages to take to Hannah's province, and several pages to take to Guangzhou to the Embassy. We also have to take our home study documents, copies of passports, copies of Travel approval, and many other forms that show our approvals in the United States. Now, I just hope I don't forget anything. We will for sure put these papers in our carry on bag, just in case our luggage would get lost. It feels so good to be done with paperwork. Now we just take it, get Hannah's passport in China, her Visa, and her medical report done, and it will all be over! Pray for us that all will go smoothly! And most importantly, pray for little Hannah and how she is going to handle all of this. Its going to be so scary for her to leave her familiar surroundings. We just hope that she adjusts quickly to having new parents and that we can comfort her. Can you imagine getting torn from all you know at almost 3 years old??? She will get through it and we will, too.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

I will definately be thinking of you on the 22nd!! Have a safe trip & enjoy every minute!

Anonymous said...

This is a test.

Michelle

Erica said...

Michelle....I know exactly what you two are feeling right now. I know that I was so excited...beyond belief really and scared the same amount. Just know that everything is going to go wonderfully!! Hannah is such a lucky little girl to have you and Mike as parents!! I get chills thinking of the first time that you will hold her in your arms...after all these years of waiting....it will be amazing. It is a feeling and moment that you will never forget. I love both of you and will be with you in spirit. I cant wait to meet your new little angel!!
Love you!!
Erica

Confessions of a Mom said...

God Bless you on your trip and during your transition. We are going through a tough transition; we've been home 3 months. This is our second adoption from China and I thought that since she was adopted much younger it would be easier. Not! So you can't necessarily tell by age. I try everyday to be joyful and thankful we have her in our arms while so many others still wait. Time will heal. Your daughter is beautiful, by the way!!!

Emily said...

I will be praying for you as you head off to get you're darling little girl! I will pray specifically for safety, for Hannah's transition to you, and for you to trust God's nudging when you are faced with a decision! Enjoy your trip!