Thursday, April 2, 2009

We made it home!!!!

We made it home last night and boy does it feel good to be home! We got in Fort Wayne at around 11pm last night. It was an emotional homecoming for sure when we saw Wesley. He cried, too. We missed him so much and it was nice to have our complete family together. Thanks to all of our friends and family that greeted us at the airport last night. We love you guys and thank you for staying up so late for us!

Last night was nice to be home but very challenging. We made it into bed around 2pm. Hannah really put up a fight to go to sleep and it scared Wesley that she was crying because he didn't understand why she was not happy. I think she was so scared to be in another place and she was so tired. Hannah slept for 3 hours and was up at 5am! I felt like I had a newborn for sure. I am sure that Hannah will adjust to Indiana time, but at first with the jet lag and 12 hour difference in China, this will be hard for her and us. It was so hard because I was trying to comfort Wesley and Hannah. Mike also tried to comfort her, but she wanted Mommy last night. She also had another little bloody nose and that also scared Wesley. But, we just explained to him it was because her nose was dry and that she was scared, that was why she was crying. Wesley and Mike slept until 10am and I stayed up with Hannah. We are soooo tired. 4 hours of sleep in 2 days really makes you feel awful, but we will be ok. Hopefully, tonight will go better and we can start to get on a schedule. As far as the day went, it went wonderful. Both Wesley and Hannah had fun playing together. Hannah kissed Wesley on his cheeks a few times and she follows him around the house. It is so cute. Once, I even found Wesley putting his arm around his sister and rubbing her hair. It melted my heart!!! So, thanks for the prayers! We continue to pray for sleep and adjustments, but we are glad to be home. I will try to post more pictures in the next couple days.

7 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

So glad you're back. We'll hope that you start getting full nights of sleep soon.

Musselman Family said...

Hi guys,
So glad you are back in the neighborhood!! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Love,
The Musselman's

Erica said...

I am so glad that you are finally home and are a family!! I am sure the first couple days will be rough, but all will fall into place soon!! I really want to talk to you soon!!!! I may try to give you a call later today!

I am so happy for you!! It is finally all over! WOOOHOOO

Love, Erica

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! We were sad that we did not get to say good by in Chicago but are happy to read that you made it ok. This jet lag thing is a rough thing to go through but we will all make it. We hope your transition will continue to go well and that everyone will adjust to the big change. Anne Marie will be updating for us soon. Rest when you can!

Love from the Newells

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything is going well at home.... aside from the sleeping! :) I will pray for that, and that you all can re-adjust to the time change and settle into a regular routine. I am sure it is so cute to watch Hannah and Wesley interact and love on each other. How precious! We will see you soon! If you need anything, don't hesitate to call!
Love,
Marcella

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I'm happy to hear that you guys are all home!!! That is so exciting!! I feel for you on the jet lag part. I can only imagine how Hannah feels - she doesn't get that part of it and of course everything is new for her. I'm sure she will be fine after a day or two. That's so wonderful that her and Wesley are already buddies! :-) We are looking forward to seeing you all. Take Care,
The Rajghatta's

Keri said...

I'll be praying for an easy transition back to U.S. time and for restful nights!

Can't wait to see you and give you a hug! :)