Monday, April 6, 2009

Adjusting Well...





Well, things are going well. Way better than I expected than to. The first couple of days were filled with lots of crying and some temper tantrums, but I think Hannah was just tired and scared. She met lots of family members over the weekend and surprised us all with her cheerful personality. She is usually shy at first, then warms up to people fairly quickly. She loves to give hugs and some kisses, but wants mommy and daddy close by her, which is great!
She and Wesly have been playing pretty well together. Some issues with sharing, but that is to be expected with a 2 and 4 year old.

Hannah is amazing us with how fast she is learning English. She can count to 3 already! And to top it off, she puts her fingers up to show 1, 2, and 3! We cannot believe we have had her for 2 weeks now. She is such a joy!
Big brother Wesley is being such a good big brother. He loves to help fasten Hannah in the car seat and at times, likes to hold her hand. Hannah loves her big brother and calls him, "Guh-Guh", which is Chinese for brother. She just does not like sharing her toys with him much yet! Ha!

The pics we are posting are of our family the night we returned home. It was an emotional time to see our son, Wesley. Hannah looks so tired in the photo. Little did she know that it was the start of her new life!

The other picture is of Hannah with some of her cousins she met. She had so much fun playing ball with them and wrestling around with the boys! It was more wonderful than we even imagined!

More pics to come!

3 comments:

Keri said...

I saw that picture of the cousins on Amy's Facebook and I LOVE IT!!! Wesley is such a little ham! (Wonder where gets that?!?! haha)

I can't believe it's been two weeks already?!?! WHAT?? I feel like it's been a couple of days! LOL!

Anne Marie said...

We have ha our share of tantrums also and a lot of jelasy from younger sister. We have also had some really hard crying and kicking at nighttime. I am hoping for a better night tonight. She started calling me mamma tonight when she wants my attention. It is the cutest thing. It has been a rough couple days, I hope it will get better. She is darling and so funny. She cracks me up all the time. Miss you guys!

Rachel said...

Hi - I found your blog recently and have loved following your journey to Hannah! My husband and I are adopting from South Korea and it is so encouraging to see people who have reached the end! Or maybe I should say the beginning :) Thanks for sharing!