Monday, February 9, 2009

Disappointing...

Well, today my emotions went from about top of the world to down in the dumps in less than an hour! I got a call today from our Immigration officer in Missouri, saying that she received our I-800 paperwork today. However, there were 2 missing signed forms from our adoption agency. This whole processing of I-800 is also new to our agency since the government just implemented it in the last few months. But, the Immigration officer said she would call our agency and would see if she could fax to her today. I got off the phone and jumped for joy that it might get approved today. About an hour later, I got an e-mail from our Adoption Agency caseworker saying that they got the forms done and will overnight it today to Immigration. However, the Immigration officer told them that she found out it would have to be the original and it could not be faxed today. Also, she said that even though it would be overnighted, it would not get processed through the initial posting place and get to her for a couple days. Ugggh! I was am frustrated with our government right now. But, I have to keep it in perspective that God has the plan all worked out for us and Hannah! His timing is always perfect! The paperwork is just so tremendous and often I feel that we have repeated forms and paperwork that is already there! Hopefully, more news in a few days........

No comments: